Saturday, March 15, 2008

Remembering My Knitting Grandma...

My Grandmother passed away last Tuesday. I hit the road Wednesday with my three kids, three of her great-grandchildren, to see her off into the world she really wanted to be in, Heaven. Sadly, I don't have any pics of her finished objects, I may find some later today as we go through some of her stuff. Slippers are what stick out in my mind the most. Cool, acrylic slippers with big pom poms on the toes. I think my grandma is the person who planted my knitting passion into my DNA and she would be just so proud of my knitting and yarn work. I rarely knit and not think of her, and now, I'm sure I will always think of her whenever I pick up my needles. I love her dearly and will miss her. She had 93 very good years full of family and love and was more then peaceful as she passed from the world we know to the world we don't know. I'll leave you with a picture of her and my Grandpa on their wedding day in 1930 something...


No comments:

 
Site Meter