Friday, January 25, 2008

Kids strappy shirt, size 5-7 with pattern




Materials needed:

A bunch of sportweight cotton yarn (I never measured my amount, I'm sorry. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say at least 400 yards)

US Size 3 long circs
US Size 5 long circs


Let's go!

Using the long tail CO method, and your sz 3 circs, CO 100 sts. Join and knit 1x1 ribbing for 3-4 inches.
K one round to end
switch to size 5's and K1M1 to end (I used an invisible method by making one on the yarn between two sts) (200sts)
K for two inches

Start texture....

rd 1, k2tog yo repeat to end
rd2, 3 and 4, k
rd 5 yo, k2tog
rd 6, 7 and 8, k

repeat these 8 rnds until you've reached your desired length

Add a few rows of garter st to prevent curling (or skip this is you like a curly look)

BO LOOSELY

Straps, pick up 6 st along CO edge, knit a 6inch long icord, attach to the back, do this twice for both straps. I just eyed where I thought the straps should go.

Weave those ends in and you're done!







This pattern is for personal use only. I charge a small fee for the right to sell your finished product. Please email me at : shelleefloyd@gmail.com for more info. Thanks :)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a nice summer top! I need to get myself some different sized circs. :)

Anonymous said...

What does K1M1 mean? How many stitches to the inch? Do you begin with knit one row and purl the next row???

Andreapgn said...

Beautiful, I was looking for something just like this, thank you!

Clover04750 said...

Has anyone tried increasing the CO number and following this pattern for an adult size? I'd LOVE to see how it gathers

Cloverallovermd on Ravelry
Karen

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous. Exactly why I was looking! Thank you so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

When you say long circular needles...you need to specify. I went through many long needles and finally ended up with 16's. For somebody new to knitting this was frustrating for me. I went through 4 needles before figuring it out. I switched to 20 in when I went to the size 5 needles but you need a 16 in when you use the size 3's and 100 st.

 
Site Meter