Tuesday, December 11, 2007

One Day Hat



I'm ashamed to admit this, but I've been knitting for three years and this is the first item my hub has received. Yes, I'm typing this with a bag on my head.

The hat is simple I know, but I made it in one day. Thanksgiving Day to be exact. There's not much to the pattern at but I'll spill it because, who knows, you may be looking for some of my piddly knowledge .




This hat, of course, is knit using the magic loop method.

Grab your Soulful Hues recycled, hand dyed cotton yarn, nice and bulky. Grab your 32 in size 8 circs and CO 80 stitches. Knit 1x1 ribbing for a couple of inches, then switch to stockinette and just knit, knit, knit this bad boy until it measures about 5 inches from CO edge. Then place markers after every tenth stitch. Now K2tog before ever marker, on every other row until you have 6ish stitches total, cut the yarn and pull it through those last few stitches. Weave in the ends and you're done! Well, unless your target recipient has a cool patch they want sewn on.

No comments:

 
Site Meter